TERMS & CONDITIONS
THE REJECT SHOP FATHER'S DAY 2016 COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ENTRANTS
This competition ("Competition") is conducted by The Reject Shop (ABN 33 006 122 676) 245 Racecourse Rd, Kensington VIC 3031 ("Promoter"). This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or any other social network.
Entry to the Competition constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these terms and conditions.
The Competition is only open to individuals who: (i) are residents of Australia.
Entrants may only enter the competition once per day.
Competition entry commences at 10:00am AEST on 26/08/2016 and closes at 10:00am AEST on 31/08/2016 ("Entry Period").
Except as otherwise indicated, all amounts stated in these conditions are stated in Australian dollars.
To enter the Competition an Eligible Entrant must during the Entry Period:
- Enter the competition via the link provided
- Complete and submit the competition entry form with all required details
- Answer the question in the competition entry form
Cost of entry is free, but internet connection and usage rates may apply Eligible Entrant's should obtain details of such costs from their service providers.
Entries must be received during the Entry Period. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or for any delays or failures in any telecommunications service or equipment.
Entrants must submit their entries manually. The Promoter may reject entries if it reasonably forms the opinion that they have been entered using automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare any or all entries made by an entrant invalid if the entrant tampers with the entry process, benefits from such tampering or submits an entry that is illegible, incomplete or not in accordance with these terms and conditions. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion.
PRIZE AND WINNER OF THE PRIZE
The Competition is a game of skill in which chance plays no part.
The entries will be judged on creativity and originality in response to the question asked.
The Prize Winner will win 1 x $50 The Reject Shop gift card (“Prize”) and 1 x Father’s Day prize pack. The total prize pool is valued at $150.
The Reject Shop gift cards are redeemable at The Reject Shop stores only and expire 12 months after issue. The Reject Shop gift card terms and conditions apply. See http://www.rejectshop.com.au/giftcards for full terms and conditions.
The Prize winners will be notified via email and will be required to reply with their postal address.
No later than 31/08/2016 the Promoter will announce the winner of the Prize.
The Prize notification will state the Prize that has been won and will include instructions as to how the Prize winner is to claim the Prize and establish his/her entitlement to it.
The names of the Prize winners will be published on The Reject Shop's website and social media accounts page within 14 days of the Prize being won, for a period of at least 1 week.
The winner will forfeit the Prize if s/he does not claim the Prize by contacting the Promoter within two (2) weeks of it being made available for his/her collection.
Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be considered ineligible.
When an entrant submits a photo ("Content"), the entrant, unless the Promoter advises otherwise, licenses and grants the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such Content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights.
Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for the Content they submit. The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that: (a) they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication; (b) they will obtain prior consent from any person or property that appears in their Content; (c) they will obtain full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Content, to the uses and terms herein; (d) their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity; and (e) they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computer or communication systems. Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant indemnifies the Promoter for any breach of the above terms.
If for any reason the conduct or operation of the Competition is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend or recommence the Competition, subject to the approval of the authorities that have issued permits for its conduct.
The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise, (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition; (iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise); (v) any delay in delivery, or failure of safe delivery of the Prize.
All of the Promoter's decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The prize winner accepts the Prize at his or her own risk. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (the "Relevant Parties") exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any entrant in connection with the Competition or Prize, including without limitation: (i) any indirect, economic or consequential loss; (ii) any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party; (iii) any liability for personal injury or death. The Promoter may request that the Prize winner sign and return a deed of release to this effect as a condition of the Prize being awarded. If the Prize winner fails to sign and return such release, the Prize winner may forfeit the Prize.
The winner consents by entering the Competition to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in any media at any time or times without compensation, financial or otherwise, for the purpose of promoting this Competition, the Promoter and/or any of the Promoter's products.
PRIVACY AND MARKETING CONSENT AND DISCLOSURE
The Promoter reserves the right to modify any of these Terms and Conditions if required.
THE REJECT SHOP MONTHLY SAVVY SURVEY COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ENTRANTS
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open to all residents of Australia. However, employees and their immediate families of The Reject Shop Ltd, Salmat Digital Pty Limited and their associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter.
3. The competition commences on Monday 24th August 2015 at 18:00 (AEST) and concludes on Wednesday 24th August 2016 at 23:59 (AEDT) (Promotional Period).
4. The competition will be advertised via email, The Reject Shop digital channels or mobile applications.
5. To enter, participants must:
i. Enter the competition via the link provided on your eDM and/or social media channels.
ii. Complete and submit the survey with all required details
iii. Answer all questions within the survey
iv. Upon confirmation the entrant will be automatically entered into the draw to win the Prize.
6. Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain the prior permission of a parent or guardian over the age of 18 to enter.
7. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
8. Entrants in the competition may only enter once for each individual survey. However, only one prize per household is permitted (SA residents are entitled to win more than one prize).
9. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be considered ineligible.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winnerís entry is of a type described in this clause.
12. Entries must be received by 23:59 (AEDT) on Wednesday 24th August 2016. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Promoterís database. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
13. Any entry that is made on behalf of an Entrant by a third party will be invalid.
14. The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependant on the entrantís individual Internet Service Provider.
15. Twelve (12) winners will each receive 1 x $100 The Reject Shop gift card.
16. The Reject Shop gift cards are redeemable at The Reject Shop stores only and expire 12 months after issue. The Reject Shop gift card terms and conditions apply. See http://www.rejectshop.com.au/giftcards for full terms and conditions.
17. Total prize value is up to $1,200.
18. Prizes cannot be transferred and cannot be redeemed for cash.
19. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if the Promoter determines, in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
21. Once prizes have left the Promoterís premises, the Promoter takes no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
22. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the prize.
23. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winnerís image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winnerís participation in the prize to appear in connection with The Reject Shop Ltd or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
24. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
25. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
26. Each valid entrant who completes one of The Reject Shop surveys, during the promotional period will be entered into the monthly draw. One (1) winner will receive a $100 The Reject Shop gift card on the following dates:
27. The draws will take place at Salmat Digital Pty Limited, Level 2, 116 Miller Street, North Sydney, NSW 2060, on the dates and time specified in clause 26. The winners will be notified by writing and by phone and within 2 business days of each draw. The winners will also have their details published on www.rejectshop.com.au within 2 business days of each draw.
28. If any particular draw is scheduled on a public holiday, the draw will be conducted on the following business day.
29. Prizes will be awarded to person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (i.e. mobile phone account holder or land line account holder).
30. Should an entrantís contact details change during the Promotional Period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
31. Subject to any direction given under relevant State legislation, an unclaimed prize draw will take place at Salmat Digital Pty Limited, Level 2, 116 Miller Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 on Monday 28th of November 2016 at 3pm (AEDT). The winners will be notified within 2 business days of the draw. The winners will be notified of their prize by writing and by phone and will have their details published on www.rejectshop.com.au within 2 business days of the draw.
32. The Promoterís decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the competition result.
33. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplierís requirements.
34. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
35. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoterís ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
36. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
37. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoterís legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
38. The Reject Shop Ltd, Salmat Digital Pty Limited and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
39. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
40. All data collected will become property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
41. All entries become the property of the Promoter. All opt-in entries will be entered into a database and The Promoter may use the entrantís names, addresses and telephone numbers for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid unless otherwise advised by the entrant. By opting-in, entrants confirm that they allow their details to be used for this purpose. If entrants no longer consent to their details being used for future marketing purposes, the entrant should contact the Promoter on their details set out below. Any request to update, modify or delete the entrantís details should be directed to the Promoter.
42. Salmat Digital Pty Limited, on behalf of The Reject Shop Ltd, is collecting the entrant's personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying winner). The entrant's personal information may be disclosed to Salmat Digital Pty Limited for this purpose. If you are not willing for this to occur you cannot participate in the promotion.
43. Entrants personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winnersí names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of public statements and advertisements the Promoter will only publish the winnerís surname, initial and state. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.
44. The Promoter is The Reject Shop Ltd, (ABN: 33 006 122 676) of 245 Racecourse Rd, Kensington VIC 3031.
Authorised under NSW permit no: LTPS/15/06322, ACT permit no: TP 15/06959
THE REJECT SHOP GIVEAWAY PROMOTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ENTRANTS
1. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of these conditions of entry. Entry into the competition constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The Promoter is The Reject Shop Pty Ltd (ABN 33 006 122 676) (the “Promoter”), of 245 Racecourse Road, Kensington, Victoria 3031, Australia
3. Entry is only open to persons who are residents of Australia and are 18 years of age or over (“Eligible Entrants”). The directors, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, its related entities, printers, suppliers, providers and agencies whom are directly associated with the conduct of this promotion are ineligible to enter the promotion.
4. The promotion commences 12:01am AEST on 04/05/2016 and closes 11:59pm AEST on 30/09/2016 ("Promotional Period").
5. To enter the promotion, Eligible Entrants must, within the Promotional Period, log onto
www.therejectshopgiveaway.com.au and complete the entry form. Limit of one entry per person in the draw unless bonus entries are achieved. By liking the competition on Facebook, the entrant receives ten (10) additional entries. No responsibility will be taken for entries lost, delayed or not completed properly. The competition is unable to be entered on Facebook’s mobile applications.
6. Eligible Entrants must ensure that their entries are received by the Promoter during the Promotion Period.
7. Entry is free. However, any costs associated with accessing Social Platforms are the responsibility of the person seeking access and are dependent on the internet service provider used.
8. There will be one (1) Prize draw. The draw will take place at 2.00pm AEDT on 05/10/2016 at MDSA, 5/15 Grosvenor Street, Neutral Bay, NSW 2089. All eligible entries received during the Promotional Period will be entered into the draw. The winners will be notified in writing by email and by phone within 2 working days of the draw and their name and locality will be published on www.therejectshopgiveaway.com.au from 07/10/016 for a period of 28 days.
9. The first four (4) eligible entries drawn will each receive a AU$250 (two hundred and fifty dollars) gift card for The Reject Shop (gift card conditions apply). The maximum total prize pool value is AU$1,000.
10. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The prizes are not exchangeable or transferable.
11. If a Prize (or any part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, at its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any law or written directions from a regulatory authority.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these competition conditions, forfeiting or not claiming a prize. If a prize remains unclaimed or forfeited through ineligibility or otherwise, the Promoter will conduct a further draw 3.5 months after the date of the original draw with the unclaimed prize draw taking place on 20/01/2017 at the same time and place as the original draw subject to state regulations and the winners, if any, will be notified in writing by email within 2 working days of the draw and their names and locality will be published on www.therejectshopgiveaway.com.au from 24/01/2017 for a period of 28 days.
13. All entries become the property of The Promoter. Eligible entrants consent to the use and disclosure of their information for the purposes of this competition by the Promoter and its agents associated with this competition. Eligible Entrants agree that by submitting an entry, they agree that the Promoter may use their email address to send information and promotions concerning third party products and services and also supply their contact information and questionnaire responses to companies so that they may use them to contact them by mail, phone, SMS, MMS or email to send offers and promote services based on their preferences. If entrants do not consent to their details being used for future marketing purposes, the entrant should contact The Promoter on their details set out below. Any request to update, modify or delete the entrant’s details should be directed to The Promoter.
14. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any problems or technical malfunction of any communication network or for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence arising from any error, omission, alteration, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption and communications failure or otherwise. The Promoter has no control over communication networks or lines and accepts no responsibility for any problems associated with them, whether due to network traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The Promoter is not liable for any costs incurred, responses received or any other consequences of user error. Any costs associated with accessing the promotion website are the Eligible Entrant's responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
15. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify all entries from any person, and prohibit that person's further participation in this competition, who tampers with, or benefits from any tampering with, the entry process or the operation of the competition or acts in violation of these conditions, acts in a disruptive manner or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any person.
16. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence.
17. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained during the course of the competition or in any element of the Prize except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
18. This promotion adheres to the terms and conditions set out in the Facebook promotion guidelines which can be found at: https://www.facebook.com/page_guidelines.php
19. The entrant acknowledges that by entering this competition they are providing information to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
20. The Promoter may communicate or advertise this competition using Facebook. The competition however, is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Each entrant completely releases Facebook from any and all liability.
21. Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/16/01801