TERMS & CONDITIONS
THE REJECT SHOP BACK TO SCHOOL 2017 COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ENTRANTS
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open to all residents of Australia. However, employees and their immediate families of the Company and its associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter.
3. The competition commences on 16 January 2017 at 18:00 (AEDT) and concludes on 26 January 2017 at 15:00 (AEDT) (Promotional Period).
4. The Competition is a game of skill in which chance plays no part.
5. The entries will be judged on creativity and originality in response to the question asked.
6. The competition will be advertised on the internet, including through various social media platforms, and may be advertised in selected The Reject Shop stores via the purchase receipt.
7. To enter, participants must:
i. enter the competition via the link provided;
ii. complete and submit the competition entry form with all required details; and
iii. answer all questions in the competition entry form.
8. Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain the prior permission of a parent or guardian over the age of 18 to enter.
9. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
10. The Company reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Company. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
11. The Company reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of the Company, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of the Company, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or the Company. The Company reserves the right to disqualify a winner if the Company becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
12. Entries must be received by 23:59 (AEDT) on 26 January 2017. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Company’s database. The Company accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
13. Any entry that is made on behalf of an Entrant by a third party will be invalid.
14. The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependent on the entrant’s individual Internet Service Provider.
15. There will be 1 (one) winner chosen who will receive their t-shirt design submitted plus 1 x $100 The Reject Shop gift card. There will also be 2 (two) small prize winner who will receive 1 x $25 The Reject Shop gift card each.
16. The Reject Shop gift cards are redeemable at The Reject Shop stores only and expire 12 months after issue. The Reject Shop gift card terms and conditions apply. See http://www.rejectshop.com.au/giftcards for full terms and conditions.
17. Total prize value is up to $250.
18. Prizes cannot be transferred and cannot be redeemed for cash.
19. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Company reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation.
20. The Company reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if the Company determines, in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Company in its absolute discretion.
21. Once prizes have left the Company’s premises, the Company takes no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
22. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the prize.
23. In consideration for the Company awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s entry submission, image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with The Reject Shop Ltd or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
24. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Company then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
25. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
26. When an entrant submits a photo ("Content"), the entrant, unless the Company advises otherwise, licenses and grants the Company, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such Content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. The entrant agrees not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights.
27. Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for the Content they submit. The Company shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Company may remove any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that:
a. they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Company may deem in breach of any intellectual property, does not comply with point 13 or is otherwise unsuitable for publication;
b. they will obtain prior consent from any person or property that appears in their Content;
c. they will obtain full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Content, to the uses and terms herein;
d. their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity; and
e. they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computer or communication systems.
Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant indemnifies the Company for any breach of the above terms.
28. Each valid entrant who submits an entry during the Promotional Period will be entered into the Competition. The winner/s will be selected and contacted by 30 January 2017.
29. The entries will be assessed by employees of the Company at the registered offices of the Company.
30. Prizes will be awarded to person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (i.e. mobile phone account holder or land line account holder).
31. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the Promotional Period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Company. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Company.
32. Subject to any direction given under relevant State legislation, an unclaimed prize will be distributed to another entrant. The winners will be notified within 2 business days of the winner be selected by the Company. The winners will be notified of their prize by writing and by phone and will have their details published on www.therejectshop.com.au within 2 business days of the winner being selected by the Company.
33. The Company’s decision is final and the Company will not enter into correspondence regarding the competition result.
34. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
35. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Company in its absolute discretion.
36. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Company’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Company may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
37. The Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Company is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
38. The Company reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Company has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Company’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
39. The Reject Shop Ltd and its associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
40. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Company, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Company reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
41. All data collected will become property of the Company. The Company collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
42. All entries become the property of the Company. All opt-in entries will be entered into a database and the Company may use the entrant’s names, addresses and telephone numbers for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid unless otherwise advised by the entrant. By opting-in, entrants confirm that they allow their details to be used for this purpose. If entrants no longer consent to their details being used for future marketing purposes, the entrant should contact the Company on their details set out below. Any request to update, modify or delete the entrant’s details should be directed to the Company.
43. The Company is collecting the entrant's personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying winner).
44. For purposes of public statements and advertisements the Company will only publish the winner’s surname, initial and state. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Company.
45. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with social media network, include Facebook or Twitter.
46. Except as otherwise indicated, all amounts stated in these conditions are stated in Australian dollars.
47. Contact details:
a. Telephone: 03 93715555
b. Email: email@example.com
c. Street: 245 Racecourse Road, Kensington, Victoria, 3031.