TERMS & CONDITIONS
THE REJECT SHOP SAVVY SHOPPER SPIN AND WIN 2016 TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ENTRANTS
1. Promotion: The Reject Shop - Savvy Shopper Spin and Win
2. Promoter: The Reject Shop Ltd ABN 33 006 122 676, 245 Racecourse Road, Kensington, VIC 3031, Australia. Ph: 1800 633 886
3. Promotional Period:
a. Start date: 01/09/16 at 09:00 am AEST
b. End date: 31/10/16 at 11:59 pm AEDT
4. Eligible entrants: Entry is only open to Australian residents who are 13 years and over. Entrants under the age of 18 must have parent or legal guardian approval to enter.
5. How to Enter:
a. To enter the Promotion and receive one (1) entry for both the Major Draw and Instant Win Prizes, the entrant must visit www.rejectshop.com.au/win, input the requested details, including but not limited to their first name, last name, date of birth, email address and mobile number and submit the fully completed form during the Promotional Period. This entry submission method may only be completed by each entrant once per day.
b. Upon entry via the entry form, entrants will be offered one (1) x extra entry if they hit EITHER the Facebook Share button OR the Twitter Share button. Maximum of one extra entry is available per person per day, and can only be redeemed immediately following the primary entry form submission.
6. Entries permitted: Maximum of one (1) entry form submission permitted per person per day. Maximum of one (1) additional entry permitted per person per day via the ‘share’ mechanic. Maximum two (2) entries permitted per person per day in total.
7. Total Prize Pool: $1,625.00
a. Major Draw Prize: 1 x $100 The Reject Shop gift card
b. Instant Win Prizes: 61 x $25 The Reject Shop gift card
9. No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable or transferable. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the gift card are not included. Any unused balance of the gift card will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the gift card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the gift card. The Reject Shop gift cards are redeemable at The Reject Shop stores only and expire 12 months after issue. The Reject Shop gift card terms and conditions apply. See http://www.rejectshop.com.au/giftcards for full terms and conditions.
10. Winner Notification: The winner will be notified in writing by email within two (2) business days of the instant win or draw.
11. Unclaimed Prizes: Prize(s) must be claimed by 10/02/17 at 11:00 am AEDT. Unclaimed prizes will be redrawn on 13/02/17 at 11:00 am AEDT at Peazie, Level 1, 409 Chapel Street, South Yarra VIC 3141 Australia. The winner/s of the redraw will be notified in writing by email within two (2) business days of the instant win or draw.
Conditions of Entry
1. The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
2. The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
3. Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
4. Employees (and the immediate family members) of agencies/companies associated with this Promotion, the Promoter, its distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
5. If a prize is won by a person under the age of 18, the prize may be awarded to the winner's parent or guardian and where applicable to the prize a nominated parent/guardian must accompany any person under 18 years of age.
a) The draw will take place at Peazie Social Media Group Pty Ltd, Level 1, 409 Chapel Street, South Yarra VIC 3141 Australia at 11:00 am AEDT on 10/11/16 using computerised random selection.
b) The first valid entry drawn will win the Major Draw Prize.
c) The Promoter warrants that the computerised draw system used to draw prizes has been appraised by a suitably qualified person into the operation and integrity of the computerised draw system.
d) If a draw is scheduled on the weekend or a public holiday, the draw will be conducted at the same time and location on the following business day. The Promoter will ensure each draw is open for public scrutiny and anyone may witness the draw on request. The winner of a drawn prize is determined by chance.
7. Instant Win: Winners will be notified immediately upon submission of the entry from if they have won on screen. Instant Win Prizes available to be won are specified in the Schedule table above. By the end of the Promotional Period, all prizes from the advertised prize pool will be distributed and all existing claims, unless due to fraud or ineligibility, for prizes and entitlements will be met notwithstanding that the advertised prize pool has been exceeded and printing errors and other quality control matters will not be used as a reason for refusing payment of prizes. Winners of an instant win prize are determined by chance. Any instant win prizes that are part of the advertised total prize pool will be awarded in the unclaimed prize draw.
8. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner or winner of a redraw.
9. If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to) or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
10. Entry and continued participation in the Promotion is dependent on the entrant following and acting in accordance with Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities (http://www.facebook.com/terms.php) and the Twitter Rules (https://support.twitter.com/articles/18311-the-twitter-rules) (as applicable). This Promotion adheres to the terms and conditions set out in the Facebook promotion guidelines which can be found at: http://www.facebook.com/promotions_guidelines.php and the Twitter Rules and Policies (https://support.twitter.com/groups/56-policies-violations#topic_236), Search Best Practices (https://support.twitter.com/articles/42646-twitter-search-best-practices) and Guidelines for Contests (https://support.twitter.com/articles/68877-guidelines-for-contests-on-twitter). Any questions or comments regarding the Promotion must be directed to the Promoter, not to Facebook and Twitter. The entrant releases Facebook and Twitter and their associated companies from all liabilities arising in respect of the Promotion. Entrants acknowledge that the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook and Twitter.
11. The value of the prizes is accurate and based upon the recommended retail value of the prizes (inclusive of GST) at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes after that date.
12. If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and/or specification, subject to any written directions of a regulatory authority.
13. No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion. Where entry is allowed online, there is no additional cost to enter the Promotion other than any cost paid by the entrant to access the website via their Internet service provider.
14. Prizes will be awarded to the person named in the entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
16. For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner's surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of a prize, if the Promoter determines in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the physical or mental condition necessary to be able to safely participate in or accept the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner (or their parent or legal guardian if under the age of 18) may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize.
18. If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
19. Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
20. If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
21. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
23. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
24. The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
25. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
26. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
27. Authorised under: NSW Permit No. LTPS/16/06160
THE REJECT SHOP GIVEAWAY PROMOTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ENTRANTS
1. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of these conditions of entry. Entry into the competition constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The Promoter is The Reject Shop Pty Ltd (ABN 33 006 122 676) (the “Promoter”), of 245 Racecourse Road, Kensington, Victoria 3031, Australia
3. Entry is only open to persons who are residents of Australia and are 18 years of age or over (“Eligible Entrants”). The directors, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, its related entities, printers, suppliers, providers and agencies whom are directly associated with the conduct of this promotion are ineligible to enter the promotion.
4. The promotion commences 12:01am AEST on 04/05/2016 and closes 11:59pm AEST on 30/09/2016 ("Promotional Period").
5. To enter the promotion, Eligible Entrants must, within the Promotional Period, log onto
www.therejectshopgiveaway.com.au and complete the entry form. Limit of one entry per person in the draw unless bonus entries are achieved. By liking the competition on Facebook, the entrant receives ten (10) additional entries. No responsibility will be taken for entries lost, delayed or not completed properly. The competition is unable to be entered on Facebook’s mobile applications.
6. Eligible Entrants must ensure that their entries are received by the Promoter during the Promotion Period.
7. Entry is free. However, any costs associated with accessing Social Platforms are the responsibility of the person seeking access and are dependent on the internet service provider used.
8. There will be one (1) Prize draw. The draw will take place at 2.00pm AEDT on 05/10/2016 at MDSA, 5/15 Grosvenor Street, Neutral Bay, NSW 2089. All eligible entries received during the Promotional Period will be entered into the draw. The winners will be notified in writing by email and by phone within 2 working days of the draw and their name and locality will be published on www.therejectshopgiveaway.com.au from 07/10/016 for a period of 28 days.
9. The first four (4) eligible entries drawn will each receive a AU$250 (two hundred and fifty dollars) gift card for The Reject Shop (gift card conditions apply). The maximum total prize pool value is AU$1,000.
10. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The prizes are not exchangeable or transferable.
11. If a Prize (or any part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, at its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any law or written directions from a regulatory authority.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these competition conditions, forfeiting or not claiming a prize. If a prize remains unclaimed or forfeited through ineligibility or otherwise, the Promoter will conduct a further draw 3.5 months after the date of the original draw with the unclaimed prize draw taking place on 20/01/2017 at the same time and place as the original draw subject to state regulations and the winners, if any, will be notified in writing by email within 2 working days of the draw and their names and locality will be published on www.therejectshopgiveaway.com.au from 24/01/2017 for a period of 28 days.
13. All entries become the property of The Promoter. Eligible entrants consent to the use and disclosure of their information for the purposes of this competition by the Promoter and its agents associated with this competition. Eligible Entrants agree that by submitting an entry, they agree that the Promoter may use their email address to send information and promotions concerning third party products and services and also supply their contact information and questionnaire responses to companies so that they may use them to contact them by mail, phone, SMS, MMS or email to send offers and promote services based on their preferences. If entrants do not consent to their details being used for future marketing purposes, the entrant should contact The Promoter on their details set out below. Any request to update, modify or delete the entrant’s details should be directed to The Promoter.
14. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any problems or technical malfunction of any communication network or for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence arising from any error, omission, alteration, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption and communications failure or otherwise. The Promoter has no control over communication networks or lines and accepts no responsibility for any problems associated with them, whether due to network traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The Promoter is not liable for any costs incurred, responses received or any other consequences of user error. Any costs associated with accessing the promotion website are the Eligible Entrant's responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
15. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify all entries from any person, and prohibit that person's further participation in this competition, who tampers with, or benefits from any tampering with, the entry process or the operation of the competition or acts in violation of these conditions, acts in a disruptive manner or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any person.
16. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence.
17. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained during the course of the competition or in any element of the Prize except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
18. This promotion adheres to the terms and conditions set out in the Facebook promotion guidelines which can be found at: https://www.facebook.com/page_guidelines.php
19. The entrant acknowledges that by entering this competition they are providing information to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
20. The Promoter may communicate or advertise this competition using Facebook. The competition however, is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Each entrant completely releases Facebook from any and all liability.
21. Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/16/01801