Stay in the know!
Sign up to Savvy Shopper email newsletters and be the first to know about what's new, catalogues and enter exclusive competitions.
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The Promoter is The Reject Shop Limited (ABN 33 006 122 676) of 245 Racecourse Road, Kensington, VIC 3031, telephone (03) 9397 5555.
3. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over who are existing members of the Promoter’s loyalty program “Savvy Shopper” (at the time of entry and at the time of the relevant draw) and who have agreed to receive emails from the Promoter as part of the program. Individuals can join the Savvy Shopper loyalty program by visiting www.rejectshop.com.au and providing their email address where prompted on the home page.
4. Employees (and their immediate family members) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. 'Immediate family' means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
5. Entries into the promotion open on 16/08/2018 and close at 11:59pm AEDST on 30/11/2018 (“Promotional Period”).
6. During the Promotional Period, the Promoter will send their Savvy Shopper members various emails inviting them to enter this promotion (“Promotional Email”). Each email sent will contain a unique barcode (unique to the entrant) for the purposes of entry into this promotion (“Entry Barcode”).
7. To be eligible to enter, individuals must undertake the following steps during the Promotional Period:
• Receive a Promotional Email containing an Entry Barcode;
• Visit any The Reject Shop retailer nationally and make a transaction;
• Scan their Entry Barcode at the time of making their transaction.
For clarity, there is no minimum spend in order to qualify for an entry, so long as the Entry Barcode is scanned at the time of making the transaction. Individuals can have their Entry Barcode scanned by surrendering a printed copy of the Promotional Email or showing the Entry Barcode using their mobile device.
8. Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following: (a) only one entry permitted per transaction; (b) unrecognised barcode numbers will be deemed invalid; and (c) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements.
9. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
10. Incomplete or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
11. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
12. There will be one (1) draw conducted for the entries received each day of the Promotional Period, for a total of 107 draws (“Daily Draws”), Subject to the starting and closing time of the Promotional Period, entries into each Daily Draw will open at 12am and close at 11.59pm each day based on Sydney local time. Entries in each Daily Draw will NOT be entered into any subsequent Daily Draw(s), however, all entries (including the Daily Draw winners) will be entered into the relevant Monthly Draw (as outlined below). Each Daily Draw will take place at 12:00pm (noon) AEST/AEDST (as the case requires in Sydney, NSW on the next business day after entries close for that Daily Draw, with the first Daily Draw taking place on 17/08/2018 and the last Daily Draw taking place on 03/12/2018.
13. There will be four (4) monthly draws conducted for entries received each calendar month (or part month) during the Promotional Period (each a “Monthly Draw”) as detailed below. Subject to the start date of this promotion, entries into each Monthly Draw open on the first calendar day of every month and close at 11:59pm AEDST on the last calendar day of every month (as outlined in the table below). Entries in each Monthly Draw will NOT be entered into any subsequent Monthly Draw(s).
|Monthly Draw||Entries Open||Entries Close||Draw Date|
14. All draws will take place at Handling Matters, Unit 40, 1-5 Thew Parade, Cromer NSW 2099. For the removal of doubt, no draws will be conducted during the weekend or on a public holiday in NSW. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. Winners will be notified in writing by email within two (2) business days of the relevant draw.
15. The winners’ names of each Monthly Draw (and the names of any winners from ACT of a Daily Draw) will be announced online at www.rejectshop.com.au/savvyshopperwinners from 14/12/2018. In the event a winner of a Monthly Draw is from SA, their name will also be announced in The Advertiser on 14/12/2018.
16. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. The first valid entry drawn in each Daily Draw will each win a $50 The Reject Shop Gift Card. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming a The Reject Shop Gift Card are not included. Any unused balance of a The Reject Shop Gift Card will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of a The Reject Shop Gift Card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on The Reject Shop Gift Card. The Reject Shop Gift Cards will be valid for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase.
18. The first valid entry drawn in each Monthly Draw will each win $10,000. Cash prize will be awarded in the form of a cheque made out in the winner’s name or via Electronic Funds Transfer if requested by the winner.
19. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take a prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited.
20. Total prize pool value is $45,350.00. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
21. A draw for any unclaimed prizes may take place on 07/03/2019 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. Winners, if any, will be notified in writing by email within two (2) business days of the draw. In the event a Monthly Draw prize is awarded in the unclaimed prize draw, they will be awarded first. The names of any Monthly Draw prize winners (and any ACT winners of a Daily Draw prize) will be announced online at www.rejectshop.com.au/savvyshopperwinners from 14/03/2019. In the event a Monthly Draw prize winner is from SA, their name will also be announced in The Advertiser from 14/03/2019.
22. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
23. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
24. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
25. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
26. As a condition of accepting a Monthly Draw prize, the winner must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
NSW Permit No. LTPS/18/26145. ACT Permit No. TP18/01324. SA Permit No. T18/1215