Sign up to Savvy Shopper
Get our latest products and offers sent to your inbox.
Terms and Conditions
The Reject Shop - Savvy Shoppers Easter 2017 Terms & Conditions ("Conditions of Entry")
Promotion: The Reject Shop - Savvy Shoppers Easter 2017
Promoter: The Reject Shop Limited ABN 33 006 122 676, 245 Racecourse Road, Kensington, VIC 3031, Australia. Ph: 1800 633 886
· Start date: 14/03/17 at 09:00 am AEDT
· End date: 14/05/17 at 11:59 pm AEST
Eligible entrants: Entry is only open to Australian residents who are 13 years and over. Entrants under the age of 18 must have parent or legal guardian approval to enter.
How to Enter:
To enter the Promotion, the entrant must complete all the steps during the Promotional Period:
a) visit rejectshop.com.au/win, follow the prompts to the Promotion entry page; and fully complete and submit the online entry form with their personal details (including but not limited to their first name, last name, date of birth, email address, mobile number, postcode and state/territory) and which product categories they are interested in;
b) (Optional) share the Promotion URL via their Facebook account as prompted (1 extra entry);
c) (Optional) share the Promotional URL via their Twitter account as prompted (1 extra entry); and
d) (Optional) share the Promotional URL as prompted (1 extra entry).
Entries permitted: Limit one (1) entry form submission permitted per person per day. An entrant will receive one (1) draw entry for every valid entry form submission. An entrant may complete each optional mechanic once only for each entry form submission. For the sake of clarity, an entrant can receive a maximum of four (4) draw entries per day.
Total Prize Pool: AUD$1,650.00
· Draw Prize: The prize is a AUD$100 The Reject Shop gift card (1 available to be won).
· Instant Win Prize: The prize is a AUD$25 The Reject Shop gift card (62 available to be won).
· No part of the prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable.
· Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the gift card are not included. Any unused balance of the gift card will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the gift card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the gift card.
Winner notification: The draw winner will be notified within two (2) business days of the draw via email. Entrants will be notified on screen immediately upon entry form submission, whether or not they have won an Instant Win Prize.
Unclaimed Prizes: Prize(s) must be claimed by 15/08/17 at 02:30 pm AEST. Unclaimed prizes will be redrawn on 16/08/17 at 02:30 pm AEST at Peazie, Level 2, 27 St Edmonds Rd, Prahran VIC 3181, Australia. Winners will be notified via email within two (2) business days of the re-draw
1. The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
2. The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
3. Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
4. Employees (and the immediate family members) of agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of the Promotion, the Promoter, its distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
5. If a prize is won by a person under the age of 18, the prize may be awarded to the winner's parent or guardian and where applicable to the prize a nominated parent/guardian must accompany any person under 18 years of age.
a) The draw will take place at Peazie Social Media (Group) Pty Ltd, Level 2, 27 St Edmonds Rd, Prahran VIC 3181, Australia at 02:30 pm AEST on 15/05/17 using computerised random selection.
b) The first valid entry drawn will be the winner of the Draw Prize, specified in the Schedule above.
c) If a draw is scheduled on the weekend or a public holiday, the draw will be conducted at the same time and location on the following business day. The Promoter will ensure each draw is open for public scrutiny and anyone may witness the draw on request. The winner of a drawn prize is determined by chance.
7. Instant Win: Instant winners will be notified immediately if they have won on screen upon entry form submission. By the end of the Promotional Period, all prizes from the advertised prize pool will be distributed and all existing claims, unless due to fraud or ineligibility, for prizes and entitlements will be met notwithstanding that the advertised prize pool has been exceeded and printing errors and other quality control matters will not be used as a reason for refusing payment of prizes. Winners of an instant win prize are determined by chance.
8. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner.
9. If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
10. Entry and continued participation in the Promotion is dependent on the entrant following and acting in accordance with Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities (http://www.facebook.com/terms.php) and the Twitter Rules (https://support.twitter.com/articles/18311-the-twitter-rules). This Promotion adheres to the terms and conditions set out in the Facebook promotion guidelines which can be found at: http://www.facebook.com/promotions_guidelines.php and the Twitter Rules and Policies (https://support.twitter.com/groups/56-policies-violations#topic_236), Search Best Practices (https://support.twitter.com/articles/42646-twitter-search-best-practices) and Guidelines for Contests (https://support.twitter.com/articles/68877-guidelines-for-contests-on-twitter). Any questions or comments regarding the Promotion must be directed to the Promoter, not to Facebook and Twitter. The entrant releases Facebook and Twitter and their associated companies from all liabilities arising in respect of the Promotion. Entrants acknowledge that the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook and Twitter.
11. If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and/or specification, subject to any written directions of a regulatory authority.
12. No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion. Where entry is allowed online, there is no additional cost to enter the Promotion other than any cost paid by the entrant to access the website or social media platform of entry via their Internet service provider.
13. Each prize will be awarded to the person named in the respective winning entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of a prize, if the Promoter determines in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the physical or mental condition necessary to be able to safely participate in or accept the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner (or their parent or legal guardian if under the age of 18) may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize. If a winner is under the age of 18, a nominated parent or legal guardian of the winner will be required to sign the legal release on the winner’s behalf.
16. If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
17. Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
18. If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
19. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
22. The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
23. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
24. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
25. Authorised under: NSW Permit No. LTPS/17/11261