Become a Savvy Shopper
Be the first to know about what's new, view catalogues and enter competitions.
We are currently not running any competitions
Become a Savvy Shopper to be in the know! You'll be one of the first to hear about our competitions, catalogues, and what's new in store.
Terms and Conditions
The Reject Shop Ltd (ABN 33 006 122 676) of 245 Racecourse Road, Kensington, Victoria (“Company”)
Cookware Giveaway 2017 Instagram Competition Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open to all residents of Australia. However, employees and their immediate families of the Company and its associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter.
3. The competition commences on 27 June 2017 at 18:00 (AEDT) and concludes on 02 July 2017 at 23:59 (AEDT) (Promotional Period).
4. The Competition is a game of skill in which chance plays no part.
5. The entries will be judged on creativity and originality in response to the question asked/entry uploaded.
6. The competition will be advertised on the internet, including through various social media platforms.
7. To enter, participants must:
i. enter the competition via Instagram;
ii. upload an image of your ‘budget culinary creation’ to Instagram, tag @therejectshop and use hashtag #getsavvy and #WinSolaSwiss; and
iii. include description in 25 words or less.
8. Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain the prior permission of a parent or guardian over the age of 18 to enter.
9. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
10. The Company reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Company. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
11. The Company reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of the Company, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of the Company, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or the Company. The Company reserves the right to disqualify a winner if the Company becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
12. Entries must be received by 23:59(AEDT) on 02 July 2017. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Company’s database. The Company accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
13. Any entry that is made on behalf of an Entrant by a third party will be invalid.
14. The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependent on the entrant’s individual Internet Service Provider.
15. There will be 1 (one) main prize winner who will win a Sola Swiss professional cookware kit as well as kitchen utensils advertised in the competition post.
16. Total prize value is AU$84 as marked at The Reject Shop.
17. Prizes cannot be transferred and cannot be redeemed for cash.
18. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Company reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation.
19. The Company reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if the Company determines, in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Company in its absolute discretion.
20. Once prizes have left the Company’s premises, the Company takes no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
21. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the prize.
22. In consideration for the Company awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s entry submission, image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with The Reject Shop Ltd or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
23. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Company then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
24. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
25. When an entrant submits a photo ("Content"), the entrant, unless the Company advises otherwise, licenses and grants the Company, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such Content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. The entrant agrees not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights.
26. Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for the Content they submit. The Company shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Company may remove any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that:
a. they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Company may deem in breach of any intellectual property, does not comply with point 13 or is otherwise unsuitable for publication;
b. they will obtain prior consent from any person or property that appears in their Content;
c. they will obtain full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Content, to the uses and terms herein;
d. their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity; and
e. they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computer or communication systems.
Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant indemnifies the Company for any breach of the above terms.
27. Each valid entrant who submits an entry during the Promotional Period will be entered into the Competition. The winner/s will be selected and contacted by 7 July 2017.
28. The entries will be assessed by employees of the Company at the registered offices of the Company.
29. Prizes will be awarded to person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (i.e. mobile phone account holder or land line account holder).
30. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the Promotional Period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Company. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Company.
31. Subject to any direction given under relevant State legislation, an unclaimed prize will be distributed to another entrant. The winners will be notified within 7 business days of the winner being selected by the Company. The winners will be notified of their prize on The Reject Shop Instagram page, https://www.instagram.com/therejectshop/.
32. The Company’s decision is final and the Company will not enter into correspondence regarding the competition result.
33. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
34. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Company in its absolute discretion.
35. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Company’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Company may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
36. The Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Company is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
37. The Company reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Company has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Company’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
38. The Reject Shop Ltd and its associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
39. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Company, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Company reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
40. All data collected will become property of the Company. The Company collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
41. All entries become the property of the Company. All opt-in entries will be entered into a database and the Company may use the entrant’s names, addresses and telephone numbers for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid unless otherwise advised by the entrant. By opting-in, entrants confirm that they allow their details to be used for this purpose. If entrants no longer consent to their details being used for future marketing purposes, the entrant should contact the Company on their details set out below. Any request to update, modify or delete the entrant’s details should be directed to the Company.
42. The Company is collecting the entrant's personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying winner).
43. For purposes of public statements and advertisements the Company will only publish the winner’s surname, initial and state. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Company.
44. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with social media network, including Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
45. Except as otherwise indicated, all amounts stated in these conditions are stated in Australian dollars.
46. Contact details:
a. Telephone: 0393715555
b. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
c. Street: 245 Racecourse Road, Kensington, Victoria, 3031.
Terms and Conditions
The Reject Shop - Savvy Shoppers Easter 2017 Terms & Conditions ("Conditions of Entry")
Promotion: The Reject Shop - Savvy Shoppers Easter 2017
Promoter: The Reject Shop Limited ABN 33 006 122 676, 245 Racecourse Road, Kensington, VIC 3031, Australia. Ph: 1800 633 886
· Start date: 14/03/17 at 09:00 am AEDT
· End date: 14/05/17 at 11:59 pm AEST
Eligible entrants: Entry is only open to Australian residents who are 13 years and over. Entrants under the age of 18 must have parent or legal guardian approval to enter.
How to Enter:
To enter the Promotion, the entrant must complete all the steps during the Promotional Period:
a) visit rejectshop.com.au/win, follow the prompts to the Promotion entry page; and fully complete and submit the online entry form with their personal details (including but not limited to their first name, last name, date of birth, email address, mobile number, postcode and state/territory) and which product categories they are interested in;
b) (Optional) share the Promotion URL via their Facebook account as prompted (1 extra entry);
c) (Optional) share the Promotional URL via their Twitter account as prompted (1 extra entry); and
d) (Optional) share the Promotional URL as prompted (1 extra entry).
Entries permitted: Limit one (1) entry form submission permitted per person per day. An entrant will receive one (1) draw entry for every valid entry form submission. An entrant may complete each optional mechanic once only for each entry form submission. For the sake of clarity, an entrant can receive a maximum of four (4) draw entries per day.
Total Prize Pool: AUD$1,650.00
· Draw Prize: The prize is a AUD$100 The Reject Shop gift card (1 available to be won).
· Instant Win Prize: The prize is a AUD$25 The Reject Shop gift card (62 available to be won).
· No part of the prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable.
· Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the gift card are not included. Any unused balance of the gift card will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the gift card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the gift card.
Winner notification: The draw winner will be notified within two (2) business days of the draw via email. Entrants will be notified on screen immediately upon entry form submission, whether or not they have won an Instant Win Prize.
Unclaimed Prizes: Prize(s) must be claimed by 15/08/17 at 02:30 pm AEST. Unclaimed prizes will be redrawn on 16/08/17 at 02:30 pm AEST at Peazie, Level 2, 27 St Edmonds Rd, Prahran VIC 3181, Australia. Winners will be notified via email within two (2) business days of the re-draw
1. The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
2. The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
3. Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
4. Employees (and the immediate family members) of agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of the Promotion, the Promoter, its distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
5. If a prize is won by a person under the age of 18, the prize may be awarded to the winner's parent or guardian and where applicable to the prize a nominated parent/guardian must accompany any person under 18 years of age.
a) The draw will take place at Peazie Social Media (Group) Pty Ltd, Level 2, 27 St Edmonds Rd, Prahran VIC 3181, Australia at 02:30 pm AEST on 15/05/17 using computerised random selection.
b) The first valid entry drawn will be the winner of the Draw Prize, specified in the Schedule above.
c) If a draw is scheduled on the weekend or a public holiday, the draw will be conducted at the same time and location on the following business day. The Promoter will ensure each draw is open for public scrutiny and anyone may witness the draw on request. The winner of a drawn prize is determined by chance.
7. Instant Win: Instant winners will be notified immediately if they have won on screen upon entry form submission. By the end of the Promotional Period, all prizes from the advertised prize pool will be distributed and all existing claims, unless due to fraud or ineligibility, for prizes and entitlements will be met notwithstanding that the advertised prize pool has been exceeded and printing errors and other quality control matters will not be used as a reason for refusing payment of prizes. Winners of an instant win prize are determined by chance.
8. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner.
9. If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
10. Entry and continued participation in the Promotion is dependent on the entrant following and acting in accordance with Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities (http://www.facebook.com/terms.php) and the Twitter Rules (https://support.twitter.com/articles/18311-the-twitter-rules). This Promotion adheres to the terms and conditions set out in the Facebook promotion guidelines which can be found at: http://www.facebook.com/promotions_guidelines.php and the Twitter Rules and Policies (https://support.twitter.com/groups/56-policies-violations#topic_236), Search Best Practices (https://support.twitter.com/articles/42646-twitter-search-best-practices) and Guidelines for Contests (https://support.twitter.com/articles/68877-guidelines-for-contests-on-twitter). Any questions or comments regarding the Promotion must be directed to the Promoter, not to Facebook and Twitter. The entrant releases Facebook and Twitter and their associated companies from all liabilities arising in respect of the Promotion. Entrants acknowledge that the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook and Twitter.
11. If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and/or specification, subject to any written directions of a regulatory authority.
12. No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion. Where entry is allowed online, there is no additional cost to enter the Promotion other than any cost paid by the entrant to access the website or social media platform of entry via their Internet service provider.
13. Each prize will be awarded to the person named in the respective winning entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of a prize, if the Promoter determines in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the physical or mental condition necessary to be able to safely participate in or accept the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner (or their parent or legal guardian if under the age of 18) may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize. If a winner is under the age of 18, a nominated parent or legal guardian of the winner will be required to sign the legal release on the winner’s behalf.
16. If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
17. Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
18. If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
19. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
22. The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
23. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
24. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
25. Authorised under: NSW Permit No. LTPS/17/11261