Easy Unicorn Cupcake Recipe
Find out how to turn a simple vanilla cupcake recipe into an impressive cup of colourful fluffiness, while also resembling a magical mythical creature.
If you’ve got a Unicorn-themed party coming up, or afternoon tea, this is the perfect recipe for you. Even if you don’t have a party planned - you’ll want to, just for an excuse to make these beauties!
For the Cupcakes:
- 2 (59g) Eggs
- 60g (3 Tbsp) Margarine spread or soft butter
- 1 pack of Vanilla Cupcake mix (we used Green's Pink Cupcake mix)
For the Frosting:
- 80g (4 Tbsp) Margarine spread or soft butter
- 10mL (2 tsp) Milk
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 mins
1 . To prepare, preheat the oven to 160°C (Fan oven) and then line a muffin tray with Unicorn cupcake cases
2. Combine full pack of cake mix, eggs, butter and milk in a mixing bowl. Stir gently to combine mixture and then stir at a medium speed until mix is thickened and smooth. (Remember to hold back from eating the batter as this contains raw eggs.)
3. Spoon and divide mix evenly among cupcake shells
4. Bake in oven for 20- 25 minutes. Use one of the picks to check if the cupcakes are fully ready. Let cool for 20 minutes before adding frosting.
5. In a mixing bowl, combine frosting mix, butter and milk. Stir until smooth.
6. Transfer the mix to a piping bag, and swirl onto your cupcakes. Swirl like it's going out of fashion!
7. Prepare a seperate small bowl of edible sweet sprinkles (100's & 1000's) and dip your cupcakes, icing first, into the bowl - one at a time. You can choose to leave some without sprinkles if you wish.
8. Add your Unicorn Cake picks on top of each cupcake and, voilà, your magical Unicorn cupcakes are complete and ready to munch (once all of the photos of your 'hard' work have been taken of course, duh!).
See...how easy is that?!
This cupcake recipe makes for perfect treats at last minute parties, or a Unicorn themed event! A birthday party win right there...find all your party needs here.
Happy baking! :)