TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Shop, Scan and Win CompetitIon
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The Promoter is The Reject Shop Limited (ABN 33 006 122 676) of 245 Racecourse Road, Kensington, VIC 3031, telephone (03) 9397 5555.
3. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over who are existing members of the Promoter’s loyalty program “Savvy Shopper” (at the time of entry and at the time of the relevant draw) and who have agreed to receive emails from the Promoter as part of the program. Individuals can join the Savvy Shopper loyalty program by visiting www.rejectshop.com.au and providing their email address where prompted on the home page.
4. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
5. Entries into the promotion open on 01/12/2018 and close at 11:59pm AEDST on 31/12/2018 (“Promotional Period”).
6. During the Promotional Period, the Promoter will send their Savvy Shopper members various emails inviting them to enter this promotion (“Promotional Email”). Each email sent will contain a unique barcode (unique to the entrant) for the purposes of entry into this promotion (“Entry Barcode”).
7. To be eligible to enter, individuals must undertake the following steps during the Promotional Period:
- Receive a Promotional Email containing an Entry Barcode;
- Visit any The Reject Shop retailer nationally and make a transaction;
- Scan their Entry Barcode at the time of making their transaction.
For clarity, there is no minimum spend in order to qualify for an entry, so long as the Entry Barcode is scanned at the time of making the transaction. Individuals can have their Entry Barcode scanned by surrendering a printed copy of the Promotional Email or showing the Entry Barcode using their mobile device.
8. Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following: (a) only one entry permitted per transaction; (b) unrecognised barcode numbers will be deemed invalid; and (c) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements.
9. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
10. Incomplete or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
11. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
12. There will be one (1) draw conducted for the entries received each day of the Promotional Period, for a total of 31 draws (“Daily Draws”), and there will be one (1) draw conducted for all entries received during the Promotional Period (“Major Draw”). Subject to the starting and closing time of the Promotional Period, entries into each Daily Draw will open at 12am and close at 11.59pm each day based on Sydney local time. Entries in each Daily Draw will NOT be entered into any subsequent Daily Draw(s), however, all entries (including the Daily Draw winners) will be entered into the Major Draw. Each Daily Draw will take place at 12:00pm (noon) AEDST on the next business day after entries close for that Daily Draw, with the first Daily Draw taking place on 03/12/2018 and the last Daily Draw taking place on 02/01/2019. The Major Draw will take place at 12:00pm (noon) AEDST on 07/01/2019.
13. All draws will take place at Handling Matters, Unit 40, 1-5 Thew Parade, Cromer NSW 2099. For the removal of doubt, no draws will be conducted during the weekend or on a public holiday in NSW. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. Winners will be notified in writing by email within two (2) business days of each draw.
14. The Major Draw winner’s name (and the names of any winners from ACT of a Daily Draw) will be announced online at www.rejectshop.com.au from 07/01/2019. In the event the Major Draw winner is from SA, their name will also be announced in The Advertiser on 14/01/2019.
15. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. The first valid entry drawn in each Daily Draw will each win a $50 The Reject Shop Gift Card. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming a The Reject Shop Gift Card are not included. Any unused balance of a The Reject Shop Gift Card will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of a The Reject Shop Gift Card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on The Reject Shop Gift Card. The Reject Shop Gift Cards will be valid for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase.
17. The first valid entry drawn in the Major Draw will win a MY19 BD Kia Cerato Sedan with automatic transmission (“Major Prize”), valued at up to AU$20,000 including 12 months registration, 12 months compulsory third-party insurance, stamp duty and dealer delivery charges (which may vary State by State). Additional insurance, options, petrol and all other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the winner. The winner must collect the Major Prize from their nearest authorised Kia dealership. Features include:
- Clear white colour
- Smart phone connectivity
- 6 Airbags
- ABS Braking
- Electronic Stability Control
- Autonomous Emergency Braking
- Lane Keep Assist
- Front and Rear Parking Sensors
- Reverse Camera
- Power Steering
- Power Windows
- Cruise Control
- 7 Yrs Unlimited Kilometre Warranty
- 7 Yrs Capped Price Service
- 7 Yrs Roadside assist
18. If the winner is, through any legal incapacity or otherwise, unable to register the car in their own name, then the winner may assign the car to another person (who consents to such assignment) with legal capacity for the purpose of registration. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any such arrangements between the winner and the assignee. The winner must provide the Promoter with certified copies of all required documentation as required by the Promoter before the car is awarded. It is a condition of accepting the Major Prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form to be determined by the Promoter in its discretion.
19. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take a prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited.
20. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
21. Total prize pool value is up to $21,550.
22. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
23. A draw for any unclaimed prizes may take place on 10/04/2019 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. Winners, if any, will be notified in writing by email within two (2) business days of the draw. In the event the Major Prize is to be awarded in the unclaimed prize draw, it will be awarded first. The name of any Major Prize winner (and any ACT winners of a Daily Draw prize) will be announced online at www.rejectshop.com.au from 17/04/2019. In the event the Major Prize winner is from SA, their name will also be announced in The Advertiser on 17/03/2019.
24. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
25. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
26. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
27. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
NSW Permit No. LTPS/18/28308 ACT Permit No. TP18/01838 SA Permit No. T18/1706